Writing Music: Hurt

11:00

I always love  it when people recommend me new music and musicians to explore. And a couple of weeks ago, Micah suggested the music group 2Cellos to me. As a fan of cello music in general, I of course did check out their music, and that little foray into the music world led me to this week’s writing music, an amazing cover of Hurt. This is another song that can be filed way into my list of ‘songs for sad scenes’ when I need a song to get me into the right sorrowful mood.

This is a very subdued piece, not over-the-top sad, but quietly hopeless. To me, it suits a scene set in a dungeon where a character is sitting in the pitch blackness, despairing of ever getting out, or ever achieving their goal. The song might also suit a scene where an exiled character is lamenting the loss of their homeland, or a person quietly grieving the death of a loved one.



Have you listened to 2Cellos before? What are you listening to this week? Recommend me some great music!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I love this song!! It's originally by Johnny Cash! Two cellos is a really great band! Check out the band "Onward Soldiers" They are amazing but not well known!
    Mae :)
    superswankified.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation Mae. I hadn't heard of Onwards Soldiers before, but I'll be sure to look them up. I'll also have to give the original Johnny Cash version of this song a listen too. I haven't heard that yet.

      Delete
  2. I think this is real good cover for Hurt!I love the original Johnny Cash version of it as well.Have you heard 'Everything' by Lifehouse? or
    Tonight' by Fm static? or 'The Scientist' by Coldplay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the only one of those I'd heard before was 'The Scientist', but I really liked 'Everything'. Thanks so much for the recommendations Neal. I love discovering new music.

      Delete
  3. I have heard of 2Cellos before but I hadn't heard this one. SADNESS. I love cellos though. I love them so much. I haven't played for like 2 months and I kind of miss it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot you play cello. I am totally jealous of your musical ability. Cello is the instrument I would love to play the absolute most.

      Delete

/*popular post image sizing*/