Writing Music: Part of the Pack

17:58

Some pieces of music can be quite difficult to classify for Writing Music purposes. I find many pieces I love and would love to listen to while writing, but which I can’t quite piece together the mood or story of. And sometimes I stumble upon a piece of music that’s so atmospheric I instantly know exactly what sort of scene it would suit. This week’s Writing Music is just such a piece. Part of the Pack is an amazing instrumental piece from composer Adrian Von Zeigler that is just perfect for writing to.

This piece has an overwhelmingly Celtic feel to it. It’s wild and dance-like, mixed with a couple of quieter moments, and with the sound of wolves howling woven throughout. To me, this piece would suit a rowdy country dance or celebration. I especially find it reminding me of a wild faery dance, drawing poor mortals into their eternal dance party. Other than that, it could also suit an urgent or excited horse ride, especially through a dark wood at night.

)

What do you think this piece suits? What have you been listening to this week? Recommend some music to me!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. CELTIC MUSIC!!!!!!!!!! *has a complete fangirl meltdown* I adore anything Celtic. *starry eyes*

    Also, I feel like I tag you for a lot of things, and maybe you're too busy for this, but I made up a little Valentine's Day tag and tagged you, if you feel like doing that. :) http://rachelssecretscribblings.blogspot.ca/2015/02/valentines-day-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celtic music is so beautiful, isn't it? Thanks for stopping to listen.

      Delete
  2. Ahhh Celtic music. Gosh, I love it.
    Recently I've been listening to a lot of 2 Cellos and the Piano guys, since those sort of pieces fit well with the book I'm writing.
    Though I've never seen the show, this rendition of the Attack on Titan theme is my favorite right now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpLGU8k13Jc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Piano Guys are amazing, aren't they? I don't think I've seen 2 Cellos yet though. I shall have to look them up at once. Ooh, I like Taylor Davis but I'm not familiar with this cover of hers. It's pretty awesome though. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Oh my! I adore Celtic music. It really fits the theme of what I'm writing at the moment as well. I love this piece so much. It reminds me kind of a rowdy fantasy country folk dance. Maybe for a special festival, all the ordinary folk celebrating. Oh perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally see that scene in my head. I'm so glad that this piece happened to suit your writing just at this moment. It's so awesome when you find that piece that's just right, isn't it?

      Delete

/*popular post image sizing*/