Writing Music: My Heart Will Go On

20:34

If there is one thing I love when discovering new songs, it’s finding an instrumental version of that song that is perfect for writing to. One of my current favourite instrumental song is Taylor Davis’ violin cover of My Heart Will Go On from Titanic. I’ve never seen the movie, but I am familiar with the original song, and this instrumental version is just perfect or my playlist of writing music. It also happens to be one of the pieces that helped inspire my Camp NaNo novel.

This song would definitely suit a romance, or a romantic scene. It starts gently before building up to a passionate climax. It is a very positive piece, and, to me, has quite a hopeful feel to it. This piece would suit a romance in general, but in particular would suit a scene of first love between two you people, or a romantic date involving a sunset or a dance perhaps.


As well as sharing music this Friday, I also wanted to share an interview I did with my mum on her podcast, about following your dreams, and one of my biggest dreams apart from writing. If you have a few spare minutes I would love it if you’d give it a listen.




What are you listening to this week? Have you seen Titanic? Should I watch it? What dreams are you chasing?

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. My Heart Will Go On is such a beautiful song... very much fits a romantic piece of writing.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely piece to just listen to, even when not writing, isn't it?

      Delete
  2. I do love the music, though I've never seen the movie. I'm told it would make even me cry, but that doesn't really make me want to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say, someone telling me that a movie is going to make me cry doesn't really motivate me to watch the movie either. The other thing is that once I've been told that I'll cry, I'm pretty certain not to, just from sheer stubbornness.

      Delete

/*popular post image sizing*/