Update: Writing, Blogging, and More

19:00


Wow, it’s been quite a while since I wrote any kind of an update post. Not since Camp NaNo I think actually. And, as everything’s been rather quiet on the blog for the past couple of weeks, it’s probably time to write a goodly update post to explain everything that’s been happening for me in the past couple of weeks in all important areas.

Blogging: Has been very quiet, obviously. I have plans for posts and ideas for things to do and everything, just very little time to do any of them. I am very behind on post writing, comment answering and blog visiting at the moment *sigh* However! I am attempting to sort my schedule out better so I actually have a chance of keeping up with blogging things. I feel so out of the loop at the moment…

Writing Editing: Is happening. Slowly. I’m back to editing Snow at the moment, which currently means taking about a million years over finishing the initial readthrough and making notes. To be fair, the amount of notes I’m making rivals the length of the actual book. I’m actually feeling really good about the book at the moment. Not that I’m saying it’s great yet by any means. But it’s inching closer and I can feel it and I have so many awesome plans and ideas that I’m getting rather excited.

Also I’m hoping that maybe after this round of edits it might be close to a point where I can bribe some people into beta reading it for me. Which is a terrifying and exciting thought. But we’ll see. Gotta finish this round of edits first. Which is moving a lot slower than I’d like.

As well as that, somehow I appear to be planning a Red Riding Hood retelling. I blame the people on Twitter for that one. Peer pressure! I have no idea what it’s about at the moment, but the Pinterest board looks exciting.

Music: This is kind of ruling my life at the moment. Music everywhere! From concerts to upcoming singing exams, (those things are so sneaky at creeping up on you…) and especially running my Youtube channel, which I adore, but takes a lot of time to make videos for (if you like music, maybe go over and check it out?). I'm loving all my musical things at the moment though. And, light of the fact that this is probably the area I've achieved the most progress in recently, here, have a song.


And that’s about everything that’s been happening recently. I’m being kept very busy at the moment, but in the best possible way, and with all the things that I love to do. I do apologise for being so behind on comments, and generally everything to do with blogging. I’m working on being back on track very soon.

What have you been doing lately? What are you working on? What blog posts should I be reading right now? Do you ever have times where you’ve got too many awesome things to work on all at once and can’t quite keep up?

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Your Sound of Silence cover is SO pretty! I like it better than the original. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *SCREAMING* SIMON AND GARFUNKEL YESSSSS. Man I love them. My favorite songs are "A Hazy Shade of Winter" and "America".
    Am I the only person who actually likes editing??? After the exhausting process of writing the first draft, editing is like a blissful break. It's just fixing what's already there instead of coming up with new things. Then again, I do edit as I go along, so once I actually sit down to edit my drafts it's like the first round of editing is already done, I just need to go back over it a few more times.
    You're not the only one who's been lacking in blogosphere presence lately.....*sheepishly raises hand* I also am guilty of this. FINALS MAN. Also preparations for a service trip overseas I'm going on in less than a week.....TOO MANY RESPONSIBILITIES I AM NOT OKAY WITH THIS.
    Good luck on your exam! I'm sure you'll do wonderfully :)

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so relate top that! Sometimes there are just so many awesome stuff that I am supposed to be doing! Then I tell myself I will do this things this day and this thing that day but then I end up getting confused and it doesn’t work.

    Nabila // Hot Tonw Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear from you! Editing has been really slow for me. It's been hard for me to stay motivated lately. :P I hope your editing picks up soon!

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, editing, right? It's very slow, no matter what. *sighs* And it sounds like music is both a blessing and a curse for you right now, but it's still really cool that you're sharing your work with us! :) Also, I know what you mean about betas. It's too early for me to get betas right now, but I'm thinking of snagging some CPs soon, and I don't know how well that's going to go, either.

    ReplyDelete

/*popular post image sizing*/